Drift Magazine 5 : Melbourne$35
LOVE IT? BUY NOW, PAY LATER
Out of stockSignup to be Notified
Home of the flat white, chia seed pudding, and avocado toast, Melbourne is the unsuspecting epicenter of the coffee world, boasting one of the highest concentrations of coffee shops per capita on earth. But, as its most towering figures and influences spread overseas, the Australian cultural capital is left to recalibrate its identity.
In this edition of Drift, we hear from dozens of locals, shop owners, roasters, patrons, entrepreneurs, writers, and photographers about what it’s like to drink coffee in Melbourne
Drift: Melbourne includes:
- A look into Australian cafe culture, including the health-conscious dishes that have emerged from it, such as avocado toast and chia seed pudding;
- Photo essay of the city’s famous graffiti artists;
- How refugees seeking asylum in Melbourne are trained to be baristas at one of the city’s best shops;
- Tracing the history of the Keep Cup and environmental sustainability;
- A photo series dedicated to Melbourne office workers queueing for their morning cups;
- A profile of an artist building and refurbishing espresso machines;
- How Melbourne’s Italian community laid the groundwork for the city’s ascendancy to coffee shop Mecca
Magazine | Soft Cover | 160 pages, offset-printed and perfect bound, full color on uncoated paper. Carbon neutral printing. No ads.
280mm x 13mm x 218mm